Artists’ Studio Details
Individual studios range in size from 176 to 833sq ft, with the majority of them between 200 and 400sq ft. Some studios are shared by two or more artists.
Studios currently cost £5.90 per sq ft per year. This includes VAT and all services including heating, WiFi and use of workshops. To give an example of costs, a 300sq ft studio would cost £139 per month.
Rent must be paid monthly by direct debit. A deposit of 2 months’ rent must be paid in advance. Rents increase annually by 3% from 1 April with the cost of inflation.
Studio holders can join the Associates programme at a discounted rate of £8.00 per month (usually £12 per month).
- General: forklift, gantry, compressor, benches, kiln and sandblast cabinet
- Woodwork: table saw, band saw, radial arm saw, dual bevel slide mitre saw, pillar drill, sanding disk and dust extraction
- Spraying and resin area with fume extraction
- Metalwork: mig welder, arc welder, welding and gas cutting equipment, plasma cutter, horizontal band saw, mechanical hacksaw, guillotine, pillar drill, pedestal grinder, bending rollers, fume extraction and portable filter box
- The Associates Space offers IT facilities including scanning, printing and computers with word processing, graphics and video editing software